Wednesday, June 10, 2009

25 May 2009 - Monday Club Serrella Castle

This walk usually starts from the camp site, which is part way up the mountain. However this walk was led by Sue Bonsor, and she started from Castells instead. She had recently done the walk with CBMW, and they had a car broken into. So she advised that we park in the village.

The route to the castle was new to us, and in my opinion better than our usual one. It involved a long uphill walk on a forestry commission type road, rather than a mosarabic path which we usually take.

Most climbed to the castle, though a few took the opportunity to sit for half an hour below. After the long road climb to the base of the castle no one could blame them.

The return route was also different, and quite a bit longer. So the walk took about 6 hours rather than the usual 5 hours. We stopped off at a restraurant in Castells, also new to me. At €1.75 for a shandy it was the dearest I have paid, though David is convinced it was a bigger glass than usual. I think the landlord just increased his prices to what he assummed was a group of holiday makers.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

I have set the settings so that comments come to me before they appear on the forum. This is just so that I know when any have arrived.